Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Grapefruit Anyone??

Have you tasted a Grapefruit? My best bud, Rose told me that grapefruit can help you drop your weight if eaten before meals. I, myself searched for it’s benefits and here’s what I found:

“The grapefruit is a subtropical citrus tree grown for its fruit which was originally named the "forbidden fruit" of Barbados. Grapefruit is an excellent source of many nutrients and phytochemicals, able to contribute to a healthy diet. It is a good source of vitamin C, pectin fiber, and the pink and red hues contain the beneficial antioxidant lycopene. Studies have shown grapefruit helps lower cholesterol and there is evidence that the seeds have high levels of antioxidant properties. Grapefruit forms a core part of the "grapefruit diet", the theory being that the fruit's low glycemic index is able to help the body's metabolism burn fat.

I promise to include this fruit on my grocery list.. Definitely, I am on my way to losing weight..

2 comments:

Heidi said...

i have tried using grapefruit before to lose weight and it did help naman talaga but i just can't stand the after taste... :(

Big Eyed Gal said...

I can't stand it... It's super sour, it's also super bitter at the same time. *sigh* Why is it so hard to lose weight?! Hahaha! Why can't chocolate burn more fat? LOL!