Monday, October 18, 2010

Parents-To-Be

Finally...

Last two weeks, October 8, 2010 to be exact, we received a very beautiful blessing.

Since I was delayed for weeks already (LMP: August 19), I thought of having a home pregnancy test. At first, I was hesitant to take it (got a feeling it’s going to be negative again), but what the heck, I still tried. So after waiting for a minute or so, I was literally shocked, surprised, and mixed emotions when I saw the two lines.



I called the husband and showed to him the result. He just said, buntis ka? Funny, but still I could not believe it. Some friends said that we give it another try, so I asked the husband to buy another tester and viola, POSITIVE again.

Husband did not go to work so he accompanied me to the clinic for an ultrasound, and there we saw our little bundle of joy. He got a heartbeat already! (Sayang, hindi naminnarinig). Anyways, since we are very ecstatic with the news, I posted that night at my Facebook account the result. I was still in mixed emotions and I could not ask for anything else – safe and healthy pregnancy is all I need.




Now, according to pregnancy calendar, I am on my 8th week. I am happy and excited but at the same time anxious. I’m just lucky that I have a husband who spoils me from time to time, wonderful family who never stops pampering me and friends who are happy for us as well.

To my dearest baby, I can’t stop thinking of your baptism and birthday party just to keep me sane. You are the most precious gift I have and I promise to take care myself so you will always be safe and healthy. I love you to the nth power.

2 comments:

Rah said...

congratulations :) and to your baby - welcome to world :)

helen said...

Congratulations! Wow! I wonder if I will get the chance to experience this too. :) Nice blog!